Garden Of Life - Dr. Formulated Probiotic Mood
- DIGESTION SUPPORT: This 50 billion CFU probiotic supplement contains Lactobaccilus acidophilus and Bifidobacteria for digestive health and constipation relief
- MOOD SUPPLEMENT: Clinically studied probiotics L. helveticus R0052 and B. longum R0175 support mood, relaxation and emotional wellbeing plus 350 mg of organic ashwagandha and organic Alaskan blueberries for stress reduction
- IMMUNE SUPPORT: This dietary supplement has 50 billion CFU and 16 probiotic strains for immune system health
- SHELF STABLE PROBIOTICS: This 50 billion probiotic comes in 60 capsules
- HYPOALLERGENIC PROBIOTIC: Our probiotics supplement is gluten free, vegetarian, and made with over 70% organic ingredients
Sure, gut bacteria help in digestion and no question that gut bacteria play a large role in our immune system health. But are our mental outlook and mood influenced by gut bacteria? Yes; studies are pointing that way.
Your gut bacteria are a vast army, too, numbering approximately 100 trillion—10 times as many as human cells in the body. Likewise, two-thirds of the human gut microbiome—the technical name for this evolving collection of trillions of probiotic microbes living in and on the human body—is unique to each person.
One area that’s being closely studied concerning the microbiome is gut bacteria’s role in mental health and mood. The American Psychological Association (APA) says that gut bacteria produce a variety of neurochemicals the brain uses for physiological and mental processes, including memory, learning and mood. The APA also points out that 95% of the body’s supply of serotonin—the 'feel good' hormone that acts as a neurotransmitter and is responsible for maintaining positive mood balance—is produced by gut bacteria.
Studies also indicate that gut bacteria help to reduce stress and anxiety, while supporting a positive mood and mental outlook. In fact, probiotics such as Lactobacillus helveticus R0052 and Bifidobacterium longum R0175 have been shown to positively support mood and emotional well-being, according to published clinical trials.
Even prebiotics—healthy carbs which boost healthy bacteria in the gut—can help to reduce stress and anxiety. Prebiotics work hand-in-hand with probiotics, functioning to increase the growth of probiotic strains such as Bifidobacteria and Lactobacilli in the gut. Probiotics and prebiotics aren’t alone in supporting a healthy mood and mental outlook. For example, Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), used in Ayurvedic medicine, is an adaptogenic herb that helps to restore balance to the body, including supporting a healthy stress response, mood and memory.